This bolt-on mount is the simplest way ever to fit your own “tow ball” style bike rack (NON-GripSport racks only) to your caravan, trailer or any DIY project.
- Perfect for DIY projects.
- Simple bolt-on fitting.
- Lets you fit your own bike rack to your van or trailer.
- Engineered to the highest standards – all steel, heavy-duty and zinc plated for superior rust protection.
- Fits to 50mm x 75mm RHS (rectangular box section steel) such as a caravan’s rear bumper.
- Provides a fixing point for “hitch” mounted bike racks requiring a 50×50 (2″) tow bar receiver.
- Must NOT be used for towing.
- Can NOT be used to mount GripSport “Van-Racks”. IMPORTANT – While we absolutely guarantee our own products, we can NOT guarantee what they get bolted to (such as your van’s rear bumper) or the bike rack you choose to use on our product.
Fitting a GripSport Van-Rack to the REAR bumper.
IMPORTANT – MUST READ
Even if it LOOKS like your van has a nice, solid chassis and rear bumper-bar across the back and even though it may SEEM perfectly logical to carry your bikes there… be aware that the amount of “bounce” at the rear of a van is surprisingly severe… even if you don’t notice it. This can result in damage to bikes, bike rack, and even the van itself. In fact, some van manufacturers will void their warranty, and you may find insurance claims are denied, if a bike rack is fitted to the rear against the advice of the van or rack manufacturer. So our advice is as follows… 1/ The correct, proper and safest place to carry bikes is on the “A” frame. 2/ We recommend against fitting bike racks to the rear of caravans & camper trailers.
But it IS possible… in SOME cases GripSport Van-Racks (1 & 2-bike ONLY ) should only be fitted to the rear of a van... using the GripSport "Bolt-On Mount" to a rear bumper made of 50mm x 75mm rectangular steel box section after determining the rear of your van is strong enough - consult your caravan dealer or manufacturer for advice.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other A1 Roof Racks & Accessories users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.